By Scott Meyers
“This is Effective C++ quantity 3 – it’s quite that good.”
– Herb Sutter, autonomous advisor and secretary of the ISO/ANSI C++ criteria committee
“There are only a few books which all C++ programmers must have. upload Effective STL to that list.”
– Thomas Becker, Senior software program Engineer, Zephyr affiliates, Inc., and columnist, C/C++ clients Journal
C++’s common Template Library is progressive, yet studying to take advantage of it good has regularly been a problem. earlier. during this publication, best-selling writer Scott Meyers ( Effective C++ , and More potent C++ ) unearths the severe principles of thumb hired by way of the specialists – the issues they usually do or more often than not stay away from doing – to get the main out of the library.
Other books describe what’s in the STL. Effective STL indicates you how to take advantage of it. all of the book’s 50 guidance is sponsored through Meyers’ mythical research and incisive examples, so you’ll examine not just what to do, but in addition when to do it – and why.
Highlights of Effective STL include:
- Advice on deciding on between general STL boxes (like vector and list), nonstandard STL packing containers (like hash_set and hash_map), and non-STL packing containers (like bitset).
- Techniques to maximise the potency of the STL and the courses that use it.
- Insights into the habit of iterators, functionality items, and allocators, together with stuff you should still not do.
- Guidance for the right kind use of algorithms and member capabilities whose names are an analogous (e.g., find), yet whose activities fluctuate in refined (but very important) methods.
- Discussions of power portability difficulties, together with straight forward how one can keep away from them.
Like Meyers’ past books, Effective STL is full of confirmed knowledge that comes simply from event. Its transparent, concise, penetrating type makes it a vital source for each STL programmer.